It is so horrible to sit at the “Add a Text Post” screen for two hours and only get anything useful out of the last twenty minutes.
But it is so relieving, and exciting, to hit save to a baby draft that will actually become a very good post, eventually.
Hey, so TV Hangover turns a year old this week which is pretty awesome considering I generally lose interest with any and all sideblogs after a month so I’m glad this one stuck around (mostly thanks to other people because I disappeared once in a while). We’re putting up our favorite 2k11 tv moments soon because being on time is for losers but until then, here are some highlights written by some of my favorite people:
- Folkinz’s State of Georgia (RIP) and Happily Divorced posts.
- His Hangover sessions
- Drex’s Games of Thrones posts, which made me laugh although I’ve never seen the show, and especially the one that inspired that Arrested Westeros blog.
- When Drex and I were simultaneously watching Aaron Sorkin shows for the first time (Studio 60 and The West Wing, respectively) and then simultaneously obsessing over Veronica Mars again, both coincidentally.
- Alex’s guest post about Grandma’s House because it’s such a perfect show and she explained it so well and Simon Amstell is my heart.
- Also: drinking games, Breaking Bad blogging, and too many original USA shows.
- It’s gross to link to things I wrote myself but I’d like to say that a low point of my life was making myself laugh while alone and high at three in the morning on someone else’s couch and writing a fake Franklin & Bash script.
I just want to redirect everyone to noting that TV Hangover has existed for a year now and it’s been great! I’m still so happy that Pilot asked me to write about Grandma’s House (WATCH IT BEFORE THE NEW SERIES… WHENEVER THAT ENDS UP BEING?).
Also, and I say this sincerely: the State of Georgia posts were some of my favorites in all of 2011.
Ira Glass (via hyperallergic)
Just last week my friend asked me if I’ve been writing, and I told him no. I mentioned this, actually, because this sticks with me every time I see it, but I’m one of those people who can’t get past that phase and quit. I did already, anyway. I don’t think I can get back to it.